2018-19 is going to be an exciting year for Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at Marden Bridge Middle. We are actively engaging with the nationally respected
Gatsby Benchmarks and welcome any input from parents and carers.
The Gatsby Benchmarks provide the structure to our growing careers programme which aims to give all our pupils the advice and guidance they need to make informed decisions about their futures.
How is the careers provision assessed at Marden Bridge Middle?
The school is developing a multi-level approach to assessing careers provision:
- Termly review of the school’s achievement of the Gatsby Benchmarks, with Careers Lead and SLT link.
Evidence is recorded, progress against the benchmarks is tracked and used to inform priority planning for the following academic year.
- Employers and External providers delivering sessions to pupils to be sent feedback request forms which are used to inform the planning of future, re-occurring events.
- Evaluations by staff and pupils following any Employer or External provision to ensure only high quality sessions are repeated.
- The Careers Lead and SLT link meet regularly to discuss the day to day logistics of the school’s career program – making adjustments to improve the quality of current provision
and plan for future provision to be increasingly effective.
A full overview of the careers programme at Marden Bridge Middle can be found in our annually reviewed Careers Policy.
Pupils, parents, staff and employers can access this document to find out more about careers at our school.
Please keep checking here, and follow the School twitter feed @MardenBridge for updates to careers news and further advice. The twitter feed will retweet helpful information for parents and pupils too!
Please get in touch if you have anything to offer our CEIAG programme.
Other Useful Careers Links:
- The National Careers Service (including a free chatline) Click Here
- Tyne and Wear Connexions service (local advice) Click Here
- iCould (careers videos) Click Here
- Job Centre Plus (job hunting and applying) Click Here
- Apprenticeships (apprenticeships and traineeships) Click Here
- Labour Market Northeast (shifts and trends) Click Here